35.1 C
Sierra Leone
Friday, February 23, 2024

17th Prosecution Witness Testifies At DJ Clef’s Murder Trial

HomeAYV News17th Prosecution Witness Testifies At DJ Clef’s Murder Trial

17th Prosecution Witness Testifies At DJ Clef’s Murder Trial


Related stories

Advocacy Policy released to combat Gender Disparities in Education

In an attempt to expedite the recruitment of female...

Tourism Minister launches ‘Go Circular Week’

Sierra Leone's Minister of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, Mrs....

ACC engages 34 Military Hospital on corruption risks

"It is important to identify corruption risks and issues...

SALWACO engages key stakeholders in Port Loko

A cross section of the SALWACO Management in Port...

President Bio hosts ECOWAS Investment Bank Chief

His Excellency President Dr. Julius Maada Bio has received...


Led in evidence by the Director of Public Prosecution Sulaiman Bah, Umaru Finney Kamara who is also a Detective Police Inspector informed the well-attended court session that, following the mysterious disappearance of David Sydney Buckle after attending the birthday party of the 3rd accused person, Avril Oredolah Renner held in the residence of the 1st accused, Baimba Moi Foray aka LAC, relatives and family members of DJ Clef reported the matter at the Family Support Unit of the Aberdeen Police Division.

The witness told the well attended court session that, during the course of investigation, police issued out a hunted notice requesting the public to provide them with information that would lead to the arrest of four names which include; Foday Amara Kamara, Bakarr, Solomon and Claude that were declared wanted by the police in respect of the mysterious disappearance of DJ Clef.

He further stated that, on 8th August 2016, the Aberdeen Police Division received information that one of the suspects, Foday Amara Kamara whose names was on the hunted notice had surfaced in Kono, adding that   a team of police detectives left for Kono and later on returned to Freetown with Foday Amara Kamara, who had earlier surrendered at the Motema Police Division.

Umaru Finney Kamara narrated that on 10th August 2016, he obtained voluntary caution statement from Foday Amara Kamara by cautioning and questioning him in Krio and he made responses in Krio which were recorded in English, and at the conclusion of the interview statement, he said he read it over to him which he admitted to be true and correct and also signed it in his own hand writing and the statement had since been in the custody of the police.

According to him, when Foday was brought down to Freetown for statement to be obtained from him at the Criminal Investigation Department, he initially reneged to entertain any interview from the investigating officers on the grounds that, until his lawyer is present at the station before he could make any statement to the police.

Since Foday’s lawyer could not show up at the police station throughout the day, he said the following morning he eventually consented to make statement to the police by stating that, he first came into contact with the 1st accused person Baimba Moi Foray (aka LAC) in 2012 at around Maxwell street at wellington in the east end of Freetown. 

Foday told the police that, he was trading in used clothing which is normally referred to as ‘junks Clos” but later on things started going bad with him and he requested from Baimba for some form of assistance to augments his business and even invited him to attend his planned musical show in Kono, but that Baimba replied him that, he would not be in town but gave him two hundred thousand Leones with an open invitation to visit him at his residence at any time of his choice.

 He narrated to the police that, he eventually ended up gaining employment from Baimba and later a residential status with him, and that he was detailed by Baimba to monitor and oversee Baimba’s building construction work at Deep Eye Water along the Freetown – Waterloo high way in the outskirt of the country’s capital Freetown.

Foday also conformed in his statement that, at one particular occasion, Baimba told them that a lady by name of Oreh had requested him to allow her celebrate her birthday party at his residence and added that on the day of the party, Baimba warned them strictly not tamper with any drinks or food brought in by the 3rd accused, Avril Oredolah Renner, as he has no business with the party   

He went on to informed the Aberdeen Police Division that, he was with the 1st accused Baimba Moi Foray in his residence at back of the Aberdeen Cemetery when the 3rd accused, Avril Oredollah Renner called on her mobile phone and informed Baimba that, they had been arrested and detained in respect of a missing person after her birthday at his residence.

According to the statement, Foday said Baimba told them that he was going to the station to respond to the 3rd accused, Avril Oredolah Renner call, but that Baimba never returned home again, until they learnt that he had been arrested and detained also, and as a result of this, he went on his co- habitants at Baimba residence went and hurriedly and packed their belongings before escaping police arrest at.

Foday Amara Kamara confirmed in his statement to the police that, he decided to visit the station, but on approaching the station he stood near a small crowd and suddenly heard somebody among the crowd saying that, Baimba Moi Foray is not their target, but  his boys


  As a result of this development, he told the police that, he returned and hurriedly packed his personal belongings and fled to Kono in the north eastern part of Sierra Leone, where he eventually gave up to the police before he was brought down to Freetown and statement obtained from in respect of the brutal murder of a young and promising musical talent in the person David Sydney Buckle also known as DJ Clef. 

Latest stories


- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once