30.2 C
Sierra Leone
Monday, February 6, 2023

Isha Johansen & Co. Banned From SLFA Office

HomeAYV NewsIsha Johansen & Co. Banned From SLFA Office

Isha Johansen & Co. Banned From SLFA Office

Date:

Related stories

Retail Fuel Pump Prices Adjusted to NLe21.5

Following the recent upsurge in the global prices of...

This is a golden era for women, girls in Sierra Leone …President Bio tells school going pupils in Bo city

By Joseph S. Margai, Strategic Communication Coordinator President Julius Maada...

Sierra Leone Nursing, Midwifery Council Act Passed in Parliament

The Parliament of Sierra Leone has debated intensively and...

 

Johansen and her Secretary General Chris Kamara have been banned from the SLFA offices by ACC officials, but the remainder of the staff has been allowed to continue their work.

Both deny they have done anything wrong.

“Staff at the SLFA offices have been warned not to conduct any business with Johansen and Kamara and not to allow them into the secretariat. Anyone who goes against the orders will face the law,” ACC official Alhassan Kargbo told the press.

FIFA said a few days before the ACC raid that they were monitoring the situation in the country and are likely to view the forced removal of Johansen as government interference in football affairs, especially as they are conducting their own investigation into the match-fixing allegations.

FIFA is looking at matches as far back as a World Cup qualifier against South Africa in 2008. They are also chairing negotiations between the Sierra Leone Sports Ministry, SLFA officials and various other stakeholders over delays to football association elections.

The delays have been caused by a number of factors, including a resistance to integrity checks that FIFA wants carried out on those who intend to stand for positions. Johansen, who intends to stand for re-election, was briefly detained in 2016 over alleged graft but was released without charge and also survived being ousted by the SLFA executive committee last year as FIFA refused to recognize the move.

She claims to have received numerous death threats in recent years but is determined to stand again for the post of president when elections eventually take place.

“I have been called all kinds of vulgar names, received so many death threats but I haven’t entertained such abuse. I want to be a pioneer for good governance, gender equality and inclusivity in football, in order to make a difference in a man’s game,” she told the press at one occasion.

Business News

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once