This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital leader to join Africa Young Voices Media Empire (AYV)global team. We’re recruiting for Head of AYV Online and Digital Media Marketing.
AYV is a leading media company providing cutting-edge communication solutions across the world. AYV operates three television channels, radio, newspaper, and a printing press. AYV also broadcasts on DStv Channel 399 in Sierra Leone and across Africa.
AYV International is headquartered in London, United Kingdom with networks across the world including in Africa, Asia, Europe, Pacific, the Americas, and Caribbean.
AYV has established a strategic partnership with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the world service programme in London. This partnership offers both AYV and the BBC a world – class broadcasting platform and resources for audiences across the world.
The AYV’s reputation and the strength of its brand in Sierra Leone and around the world are based upon its fundamental values of editorial integrity, independence, and impartiality. These values are central both to the AYV’s Public Services and our Commercial Services.
AYV’s approach to coverage and public engagement is based on 3 key principles (ABC): Audience First, Best Practices & Regulatory Standards and Contents Fit for Purpose.
We have an exciting opportunity for a confident Head of AYV Online ad Digital Media Marketing to join our global team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Head of AYV Online ad Digital Media Marketing will support various online/digital business areas including engaging and supporting various AYV’s departments including marketing and communication, news and current affairs, production and production, IT broadcast, AYV Sierra Leone regions, AYV Internationalin London, Ghana, and other AYV countries to deliver world class Online ad Digital media Marketing. The Head of AYV Online ad Digital Media Marketing will support the AYV Social Media Community in delivering content for AYV’s radio, print media, television channels and on key programmes via online strategies, campaigns, and audience engagement.
Skills and Abilities
• A creative thinker with the ability to produce high impact online content, the ideal candidate will recognise the importance of graphic design and visual content online, with a view to build brand awareness, recognition, and engagement.
• Established online and graphic design content creation background including a proven experience for a major brand.
• Demonstrable passion for digital and an understanding of appropriate content formats for each platform.
• Online management experience, with a command over fostering ongoing engagement across platforms.
• Excellent Photoshop and picture editing skills, with a keen eye for design.
• Experience of filming and editing short form video content for online platform.
• Creative thinker with impeccable copy writing skills.
• Enthusiasm for ever-evolving online trends, and the digital marketing landscape at large.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player.
• Diligent work ethic –flexible weekend/evening schedules will be required.
• An excellent communicator who can liaise with clients, suggest ideas, and deliver a first-class product.
• A self-starter who uses his or her imagination, creativity, and initiative to find stories and delivers from start to finish with little or no direction after being properly briefed.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver to very tight and demanding deadlines.
• Ability to network, build contacts and look for opportunities to market and enhance AYV’s reputation and brand.
A bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or media production, PR and/or marketing from a professionally accredited course or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge and Experience.
• A minimum of 3 years in a digital marketing/social media role.
• Experience managing brand websites using different tools.
• Knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
• Delivered effective A/B testing with results improving on-site engagement and conversion.
• Experience producing engaging online content for global brands.
• Confident with shaping and delivering plans that position brand websites within owned, earned, and paid marketing activity.
• Comfortable shaping CRM strategies and using data to grow and segment database and improve performance of social media and email campaigns.
• Data-first approach to performance marketing whilst also bringing a creative, editorial mindset as well.
• Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail.
• Organised whilst multitasking.
• An ability to deliver at pace, anticipate deadlines and work under pressure, willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Interest in factual content, news, and current affairs, the AYV and global content.
• Ability to write compelling social media content.
• Ability to operate digital cameras and/or DSLRs to film, producing broadcast quality results.
• Experience of using digital editing equipment Experience of graphic design.
• Experience of using content management systems to upload digital content.
• Has used social media and content management systems to optimise traffic to a major website and get pick-up by external media.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities.
The main responsibilities include:
• STRATEGY: Work with relevant planning, brand management teams, brand marketing and channel marketing managers around the business, as well as with AYV Online department, to understand needs and create an overall approach for the use of owned marketing websites and social media to support AYV online platforms and content fit for purpose.
• PLANNING: With the online team, drive the planning and implementation of website development, use of CRM & social, content and paid digital marketing to achieve targets.
• OPERATING FRAMEWORKS: Establish a best practice framework to maximise efficiency, consistency, and effectiveness. Provide guidance and support to AYV brand, and services that use digital marketing websites.
• OPTIMISATION & INNOVATION: Implement a test & learn approach to challenge our existing activity, identify and recommend changes, and drive on-going performance improvement. Source innovative new digital marketing approaches and bring trials to market.
• PLATFORMS: Work with IT, Digital, and adminteams to agree our overall architectural and development approach. procure, develop and/or implement platforms that will help deliver AYV digital media marketing, more cost-effectively and efficiently with improved capabilities such as website optimisation.
• Be the ‘goto’ person for all social media questions; give guidance and support to regions and International, brands and products; develop strong relations with AYV global platform, build contacts across the industry with clients, audiences; manage the relationships with our people and manage external relationships with the significant SM platforms AYV Studios publishes on to, e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, etc.
• Assist in researching and developing written content that will enhance the AYV’s reputation and brand, with a priority on written content for social media.
• Support the AYV online team in producing graphic design content for the AYV social media communities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn as well as emerging platforms. They will exhibit command over the look and feel for AYV on social media.
• Liaise with in house production teams, external suppliers and other AYV departments, to take delivery of assets for use on the social media accounts. You may also be required to attend screenings, live shows/studio records and press junkets to source these assets.
• Grow AYV’s shows/programmes social media following by delivering premium output with high production values synonymous with the AYV brand for a diverse global audience.
• Create a detailed content calendar to track all output being delivered throughout the day to all the AYV social media channels.
• Monitor social networks for potential threats or opportunities, working closely with the AYV’s moderation teams, escalating appropriate referrals to COO or the relevant departments/directors.
WEBSITE AND APPs:
• Responsible for managing AYV’s websites and optimising performance through content creation, A/B testing and SEO. And will also provide strategic planning and publishing support across YouTube and social and help develop marketing activity on new platforms.
• To operate the AYVs’ Digital Image Library.
• To operate the AYV’s television and radio studioonline.
• To upload high quality digital content to AYV’swebsite.
• Data-driven approach to website optimisation, using web analytics, search and paid data alongside A/B testing to improve site traffic, on-site user journeys and conversion.
• Day-to-day management of brand websites and web content creation, ensuring site promotes the latest and priority activity in an engaging way.
• Work closely with our web agency and web tech team to plan and deliver site updates and improvements, as well as problem solving.
• Support planning and executing brand CRM strategies. Work with AYV team to analyse data, optimise performance and grow databases, as well as the delivery of regular engaging email newsletters.
• Contribute to overall digital marketing planning for brands using data, expertise, and knowledge of channels to shape owned and paid activity.
DIGITAL MARKETING AND CONTENT.
• Help shape new content development, commissioning strategies, and editorial propositions to define and deliver a consistent and compelling Brand and Marketing Strategy to position AYV as a media Leader, and lead “AYVOnline” towards a stronger relationship with our audiences.
• Play a valuable role in growing AYV content’s direct to audiences across the world. Primarily working on paid subscription services such as AYV online app, bring a data-driven and creative approach to growing AYV owned and earned digital marketing capabilities with the goal of driving audience acquisition, conversion, and retention.
• Lead the development, operation, and optimisation of AYV digital content and marketing capability, publishing on owned and earned channels, supporting major and global brands and channels in multiple regions, to build engaged audiences and drive increasing commercial value.
• Produce content for, and drive traffic to, the AYVwebsite and social media channels, in order tomarket and enhance its reputation and brand.
• Support the production of high-quality film, photography, audio, and digital content, including for social media.
• Assist in the design creative graphic images to market and enhance the brand of the AYV regionsand international teams.
• To proactively seek news stories, marketing opportunities and events that build the profile of key stakeholders.
• Conceive and execute creative posts for the accounts, working within budget and to agreed timeframes.
• Develop and produce fast-turnaround social formats tailored to engage a younger-skewed audience, helping to establish tone of voice and distinctiveness of output.
• Keep abreast of digital content trends and key influencers that can help drive reach and engagement with the audience.
• Establish excellent communications with TV’s Social, Marketing and Audiences colleagues and collaborate with them to ensure the most effective promotion of content.
• Measure success against agreed metrics and provide regular reports for senior management.
• Familiar with the AYV’s editorial guidelines and address any potential issues making sure all content is compliant for AYV platforms.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen attention to detail.
Line manages, online team, setting and communicating clear objectives, motivating them to produce their best work and giving regular performance feedback.
• Remain positive and motivated throughout the production process, responding resiliently in the face of rapidly changing circumstances.
Contract/Salary: to be negotiated.
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone (also required to deliver/supervise AYV online and digital media marketing work in other countries).
Excellent professional progression: AYV offers great opportunities for AYV people to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the company.
Training and development opportunities: our in-house AYV Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external training with the possibility of certification.
Please note that the application process will require you to submit a CV and application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 29th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.