The building affected by the fire accident according to eye witnesses had properties and other valuable items including imported household properties sent to the District Chief Imam Alhaji Mustapha Koker from the Diaspora by his children and other relatives for safe keeping some three weeks ago.
One eye witness account told AYV that the fire broke out when EDSA released high voltage of electricity supply to the Coronation Field section. But other witnesses said it could have been a leak from the pre-paid meter that was on the wall of the affected building.
When news of the fire accident broke, hundreds of people including sympathizers and onlookers from various communities rushed to the scene of the fire to have glimpse or to help put out the fire.
Unfortunately, despite the efforts of neighbors and other concerned people to put out the fire, the building was gutted nevertheless.
Speaking to AYV Newspaper in the very courageous mood, Alhaji Mustapha Koker said he was dumb-founded when he realized that fire had engulfed his building, but could not do anything about it.