The appointment of Ambassador Navo to provide quality leadership for the East End Lions Club has rejuvenated hope in the minds of football fans across the country over the future of the game.
The new executive was formally unveiled on October 24 2018 in a strategic meeting of the Elders and Executive Committee of the East End Lions Football Club as part of the organization’s tradition to constitute a fresh executive after every five years.
Elders Committee Acting Chairman, Alhaji Architect Gibril F. Koroma has described the new team as a ‘not so new’ executive as a couple of executive members in the new dispensation had served in the previous administration.
“The current executive is basically an extension of the last executive,” he said
The Chairman expressed optimism over the future of the club under the leadership of Ambassador Navo, who had been a leading figure in the previous executive that has kept the club alive under difficult circumstances.
Chairman Koroma described Ambassador Navo as a dynamic leader with a tested personality, on whom the elders committee bestows so much confidence in.
The executive, he said, is constituted with dynamic, astute and influential leaders with passion for the game.
In a brief interview, Ambassador Navo expressed appreciation to the elders committee and fans of the East End Lions for bestowing confidence over his leadership legacy.
The youthful chairman has vowed to take the club to highest possible peak as consistent with his leadership track records.
The new executive is as follows:
1. Ambassador Anthony Navo (Jnr) – Chairman
2. Mr. Mohamed Gento Kamara – Vice Chairman
3. Mr. Alpha Muctarr Jalloh – Secretary General
4. Alhaji Abdul Rahman Davies – Assistant Secretary General
5. Mr. Alfred Badara Turay – Team Manager
6. Mr. Alimamy Alemao Kamara – Welfare Officer
7. Mr. Edmond Foray – P.R.O 1
8. Mr. Adikali Kargbo – P.R.O 2
9. Alhaji Alpha Rashid – Fan Club Chairman
10. Mrs. Asmaa James – Chairlady