This role will report to the Medical Director and will be based at the Pepel and Tonkolili Mine site.
· Provision of primary, occupational health and emergency care to all employees and contractors, both expatriate and national, as required by the company.
· Assist with medical evacuation of patients to relevant medical facilities.
· Provision of medical advice to project healthcare staff.
Specifically, POSITION TITLE will be responsible for:
· Clinical management and oversight of the site medical centre
· Provide primary, emergency and occupational healthcare services at the site medical centre
· Assist the Incident response Team with onsite medical training
· Assist with international medical evacuations
· Drafting of clinical policies and procedures
· Assist with daily, weekly and monthly health related reports and statistics to Medical Director.
· Ensure compliance and regular audit of all work areas and facilities under health and hygiene auspices.
· Requisitioning, controlling and distributing of site specific medical equipment, consumables and medications.
· Assist with implementation of preventative healthcare and wellness programmes
· General Administrative tasks
· Management of Workers Compensation and Return to work programs
· Any other relevant tasks as required by the Medical Director from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience;
• Must have sound knowledge of pre-hospital, primary, emergency medicine, occupational and remote site health systems
• Ability to Present information and manage confidential information
• Good computer knowledge and administrative skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good work ethic and able to work with without supervision in a multi-cultural workplace
• Good time management and leadership skills
• Multi-tasking capability
• Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Operational skills
• Ability to direct actions in a calm manner at all times, particularly in contingency situations
• Previous experience in a mining and remote site environment would be advantageous
• Instructor status in Basic Life Support (BLS) would be advantageous
Minimum Job Requirements
· Minimum 1 year emergency medicine experience
· Minimum 3 years clinical experience (Pre-hospital care/ Primary care / Emergency medicine / Occupational healthcare)
· MB.Ch., B. Certificate in Clinical studies
· Certificate in Tropical Community Medicine & Health
· AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
· AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
· Registered as Independent Healthcare Practitioner with a recognised Health Professions Council / Board
· Diploma in Emergency Medicine and Occupational Healthcare would be advantageous
· Must be in good health and fit to work in a remote site environment
· Vehicle licence
Applicants with the correct experience required for the post, are encouraged to address their letters to the following:
The Manager – Human Resources The Manager – Human Resources
SD Steel (SL) Limited Employment Office
154 Wilkinson Rd. Tonkolili Mine