The German surgeons who have been visiting Sierra Leone since 2010 successfully completed yet another working visit that started from February 8th and ended on 23rd February, 2019. They performed various surgeries free-of-charge.
Hospital sources also confirmed that only patients age 18 and below were allowed to benefit from this free-of-charge medical treatment. Patients were scheduled to be screened at the following centres:
– Choithram Memorial Hospital
– Aberdeen Women’s Centre (Dr. Sandra Lako);
– Ola During Children’s Hospital (Dr.Nellie Bell);
– Connaught Hospital (Dr. Aiah Lebbie) and
– Lion for Lion Health Facility at Waterloo village.
These institutions screened patients and sent their final lists for scrutiny and final evaluation. Some of the patients were referred directly to Choithram Memorial Hospital at Hill Station, Freetown, where the operations were performed.
Choithram Memorial Hospital was the brain behind the German doctors’ visit to the country.